TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I've got the itch for a TW, bad!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
brownie2

I've got the itch for a TW, bad! Empty
PostSubject: I've got the itch for a TW, bad!   I've got the itch for a TW, bad! Empty1/16/2010, 6:27 pm

Hello, new here from North GA. I hope to have a TW soon. I've checked out this and other sites and I like this forum, the MGExperience forum uses the same set up so it's familiar.
I've just got to ask MRGIZMO for more details on his dual sprocket set up!
Back to top Go down
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Duel sprockets   I've got the itch for a TW, bad! Empty1/17/2010, 5:21 pm

Hi Brownie, it seems I am a guy with lots of time on my hands. Duel sprockets, afford me the flexibility of having a comfortable street gear and a lower off-pavement range. If I am lazy, I can do street or trail with either range, I just need to keep my expectations in check. The process to set-up the 'system' is pretty straight forward. Like any remodel project on a house, it takes a couple of project dedicated tools (carbide bit) and perhaps an extra tweek here or there, but again, pretty straight forward. I have used this system for a couple of years mostly off-road with no issues. If I were a testosterone laden young guy, who liked high rpm's and popping the clutch, I might have sheared the two bolts that hold my second primary sprocket. I am not expecting anymore testosterone (thank you) but my next duel primary sprockets will have four bolts, to be on the safe side. Gerry
Back to top Go down
http://mrgizmow@aol.com
brownie2

PostSubject: Re: I've got the itch for a TW, bad!   I've got the itch for a TW, bad! Empty1/17/2010, 6:34 pm

When I get the bike, if I don't like the ratio I'll definately look into this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've got the itch for a TW, bad!   I've got the itch for a TW, bad! Empty

Back to top Go down

I've got the itch for a TW, bad!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TW200 Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: