TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Carb help needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phelonius

PostSubject: Carb help needed   Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:04 am

2009 TW 200 carb problem
I took off the float bowl and removed the main jet. The main jet nozzle came out with it.
I put in a 130 main jet and put the nozzle and new main jet back in.
This was too rich to run. So I removed them and changed back to the stock main jet a 128.
Bike is still too rich to run.
This time I removed the whole carb and carefully opened the float bowl to look for problems.
When i removed the main jet and nozzle, I found that a small spacer was missing.
When I looked in the Yamaha shop manual at the exploded view, It shows the main jet going into the main jet nozzle and a small spacer bushing like object above the nozzle. This is what apparently fell out and evaporated before I was allowed to see it.
My problem is that there is no name on the small bushing part so I have no idea how to order a new one.
Can any of you carb experts help me?
The picture in the manual plainly shows the part and where it goes but there is no part number or name on it.
Does anyone have one of the old mechanical carbs (non vacumn operated) such as my old 93 model came with that I could purchase?
Please help.

Phelonius
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: Carb help needed   Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Phelonuis, like me, I suspect you are waiting for the 'other' forum to come back on line. I think the spacer you are referring to is a seal as to force all fuel through the small orifice of the jet and not allow any leaking thru the threads. My guess would be, a small copper/nylon washer would work, possibly a thin O-ring if you can't source the stock part. Gerry

Phelonius

PostSubject: Re: Carb help needed   Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:01 am

mrgizmow1 wrote:
Phelonuis, like me, I suspect you are waiting for the 'other' forum to come back on line. I think the spacer you are referring to is a seal as to force all fuel through the small orifice of the jet and not allow any leaking thru the threads. My guess would be, a small copper/nylon washer would work, possibly a thin O-ring if you can't source the stock part. Gerry

In the picture it is actually a machined bushing with two different diameters. I thought the same as you and tried a seal to no effect.

Phelonus
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: Carb help needed   Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:39 pm

Of the three 'jet' components, the part that I think you are referencing just so happens to be the most expensive. I looked at the carb break down and I guess you are speaking of 14/13/12. It is hard to imagine that part could have been left out, given the 'name' Yamaha attached to the item, seems like a pretty important component. Not sure you could convince any dealer that it was left out. Take a good look around where you were working, if you are sure it is nowhere to be found, I would just "bite the bullet" and order a new one before you miss to much good riding weather. Good luck, Gerry

Phelonius

PostSubject: Re: Carb help needed   Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:47 pm

Well I found one on the net. 18 and change, then 18 shipping charge added on.
It will be the last item I order from that outfit, that shipping charge is a gouge.
Now I just have to wait a couple of weeks to get it.

Phelonius
Fortunately, I still have my off road sidecar rig, DR650 with Ural hack
And my road rig, a 750 honda aero with a Kenna sidecar.
However, I do miss my poodle bike. I will be glad when it is fixed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: Carb help needed   Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:52 pm

BOY, not sure what went wrong there. Did you accidently opt for 2day shipping? So far, all of my Yamaha stuff has been ordered from Stadium Yamaha in Texas. The prices are very competitive and once the owner answered when the store was closed and I was leaving a message. As promised, he had a saleman call me back at home the next day. I don't think I ever paid more than $9.00 shipping for any of my internet purchases from any vendor. Gerry

Phelonius

PostSubject: Re: Carb help needed   Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:20 am

[quote="mrgizmow1"]BOY, not sure what went wrong there. Did you accidently opt for 2day shipping? So far, all of my Yamaha stuff has been ordered from Stadium Yamaha in Texas. The prices are very competitive and once the owner answered when the store was closed and I was leaving a message. As promised, he had a saleman call me back at home the next day. I don't think I ever paid more than $9.00 shipping for any of my internet purchases from any vendor. Gerry[/quote

No, it will take ten days to get here but they just gouge cause they know that you cannot ride without it.

Phelonius
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carb help needed   

Back to top Go down

Carb help needed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1