TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Member from Illinois

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shapemaster

New Member from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: New Member from Illinois   New Member from Illinois Empty6/12/2010, 6:00 pm

Hello,
I just purchased my new TW200, a 2010 model.
It was funny, one of the accessory salesman at the dealership said they hadn't made these in a number of years.
Another dealer told me they didn't make them for 2010.
The TW seems to be the Rodney Dangerfield of small bikes.

I had not idea they made these bikes. Went into the dealership and saw it setting there mixed in with the used bikes in a dimly lit room.
I asked about it and was told farmers used them to check on their fields.

I had a 2009 Kawasaki ER6n sport bike I wanted rid of. Couldn't sell it used but did find that the dealer would take it. Was I happy to find
the TW could be won with this used trade.

I've ridden it nearly everyday to work this past week and boy am I a happy camper.

Today I took out my Suzuki Boulevard M50 and although it was a good ride I missed the TW.

This bike is the smallest CC bike I've owned and yet this bike may become the one I call my most favorite.
It is certainly getting all the attention with my Pentax camera.

I live in East Central Illinois. I you are close by email me.

ken@shape-master.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.shape-master.com
Admiral
Admiral

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Illinois   New Member from Illinois Empty6/12/2010, 7:25 pm

Hello Shapemaster,

Welcome to the TW world. Depending on your use I think you will really like the TW. Although our dealer experience was different, your's reminded me I my purchase. I hadn't ridden for a few years and had saved up enough money to go in and purchase a bike. At the time I wasn't sure what I wanted and the TW wasn't on the radar screen prior to the dealer visit. Because of all the offroad opportunities here in Idaho, I did know I wanted a dual sport and, but was the only thing I was sure of.

I was pretty sure I didn't want a big dual sport (650ish), but was considering all less than that. When I went into the show room the XT225 caught my eye. Next to the XT was the TW. Looking them both over I gradually gravetated more and more to the TW and what I thought my riding would be like, mostly logging road. Well next thing I know I'm purchasing the TW and have had so much fun with riding it ever since.

Unfortunately I live to far from work to ride it (80 miles round trip 99% freeway) and my wife, wisely doen't want me in heavy traffic on the bike, but I have the weekends.

Again, welcome to the TW world and hope you can share your adventures in the future!
Back to top Go down
shapemaster

PostSubject: The TW world   New Member from Illinois Empty6/12/2010, 8:44 pm

Thanks for the welcome Admiral

I agree with your wife. that long of a comute and you wouldn't appreciate any bike even the TW.

I ride to work but my shop is only 5 miles from my house and I can choose two lane country state highway or
through the corn fields of Illinois.
I choose corn for now until this new engine is broken in.

I began riding back in the fall of 06, my first bike ever and at age 45. My wife gave me any bike I wanted to buy
for our 25th wedding anniversary. I have a wonderful woman.

I have bought and sold about 7 bike and currently own an ATV, Boulevard M50 and now this TW.
I had to try out various brands and types until I found what I truly like.

I am enjoying the smaller sizes now. I've had from 650 up to 1900 and now this 200. This TW is the most fun I've had on two wheels.

Stay in touch and share your mods.

I'm working on designing parts for the TW now. I currently manufacture parts for the M50 and sell on line.

Take care,
Ken
ken@shape-master.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.shape-master.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Illinois   New Member from Illinois Empty

Back to top Go down

New Member from Illinois
Page 1 of 1