TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Carb and muffler

Go down 

PostSubject: Carb and muffler   6/26/2011, 11:34 am

i have a '06 TW and i want to make a couple of mods, but first i want to make sure it hasn't been done already. what i am looking at doing is putting on a louder muffler. i mainly want to do this so that way when i am on the road, i can be heard. secondly, i want a better sound than the stock exhaust. does anyone know of a good muffler that makes a good 'throughty' sound without breaking the bank?

the mod i HAVE to do is re-jet it, if i do the muffler. the guy i got it from said that the previous owner, original owner, may have already done it. i assume that the jets are labeled by size. i just dont know what size stock is. if anyone could inform me, that would be great.

also, how do i know if my air/fuel ratio is good? do i have to drive it and inspect the plug?

is anyone located in the San Antonio, TX area? i dont know where to ride seeing that i am new to the area. Im also looking for a riding buddy(s). i dont do solo rides....

any help would be greatly appreciated!
thank you,

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Carb and muffler   6/26/2011, 4:30 pm

Desert Rat, you would likely be better served if you joined the 'other' forum ( Lots of folks have done exhaust changes, and they may be able to help you more. Good Luck, Gerry

Be safe my Friend......
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: hey there desertrat   8/6/2011, 7:26 pm

i can help you a little bit. i got a DG O-Series slip on exhaust for $179 shipped. very nice growl! it bolted right up in the stock locations with no problems. i kept the stock header pipe. as far as the carb goes my 2011 TW200 had a stock main jet #126. jets are labeled with sometimes very small numbers, look hard. i went up to a #130 main jet. i also added two .020 shims to the needle. jetting and exhaust made a huge difference in sound and overall performance. when i say performance i dont mean your gonna all of a sudden get thrown off the bike, but you will notice a difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carb and muffler   

Back to top Go down
Carb and muffler
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TW200 Forum :: General :: Technical-
Jump to: