TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Carb and muffler

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DesertRat

PostSubject: Carb and muffler   Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:34 am

hello,

i have a '06 TW and i want to make a couple of mods, but first i want to make sure it hasn't been done already. what i am looking at doing is putting on a louder muffler. i mainly want to do this so that way when i am on the road, i can be heard. secondly, i want a better sound than the stock exhaust. does anyone know of a good muffler that makes a good 'throughty' sound without breaking the bank?

the mod i HAVE to do is re-jet it, if i do the muffler. the guy i got it from said that the previous owner, original owner, may have already done it. i assume that the jets are labeled by size. i just dont know what size stock is. if anyone could inform me, that would be great.

also, how do i know if my air/fuel ratio is good? do i have to drive it and inspect the plug?

is anyone located in the San Antonio, TX area? i dont know where to ride seeing that i am new to the area. Im also looking for a riding buddy(s). i dont do solo rides....

any help would be greatly appreciated!
thank you,

DesertRat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: Carb and muffler   Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:30 pm

Desert Rat, you would likely be better served if you joined the 'other' forum (http://tw200forum.com/). Lots of folks have done exhaust changes, and they may be able to help you more. Good Luck, Gerry

Mr.Zannini

PostSubject: hey there desertrat   Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:26 pm

i can help you a little bit. i got a DG O-Series slip on exhaust for $179 shipped. very nice growl! it bolted right up in the stock locations with no problems. i kept the stock header pipe. as far as the carb goes my 2011 TW200 had a stock main jet #126. jets are labeled with sometimes very small numbers, look hard. i went up to a #130 main jet. i also added two .020 shims to the needle. jetting and exhaust made a huge difference in sound and overall performance. when i say performance i dont mean your gonna all of a sudden get thrown off the bike, but you will notice a difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carb and muffler   

Back to top Go down

Carb and muffler
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1