TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bcaldwell00

PostSubject: Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'    Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:17 pm

I am looking for a pair of Fork Boots - Black for 94'

Anybody have an old set they want to sell or have a recommendation of where to purchase?

Thanks

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'    Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:38 pm

Think you should be able to get what you need at Motorcycle Superstore. I have always been happy with their prices and customer service. Gerry

Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'    Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:47 am

You'll probably have a hard time finding any TW owner that would have a good pair of fork boots to sell you. Availability issue.

I replaced my original fork boots with universal Daystar Fork boots from Rocky Mountain ATV website. They are not an exact fit. They are a little long and the bottom has a slightly larger boot diameter than the original. I paid about $17 for a pair, though I see they are a bit cheaper now, by about a dollar. Can't remember if I had to pay for shipping or not. I didn't worry about the length and just cinched up the bottom with a black colored ziptie. Worked.

A forum member on the other TW forum came up with a solution to take up the bottom diameter space (wish I had thought of it). He used the bottom part of the old fork boot, placed it in its original location on the fork, then put the new fork boots over top of that portion. He removed the rest of the old fork boot above that point.

Original replacement boots from my local Yamaha dealer cost about $32 per pair. If I remember it was cheaper overall to buy the ones from Rocky Mtn, which is why I went that route.

I think I've seen some Daystar fork boots at some local shops as well, but don't remember the price as I had already replaced mine and didn't care about the price at that point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bcaldwell00

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'    Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:21 am

Thanks everyone. This is a great place for information. I am loving my new TW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'    

Back to top Go down

Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1