TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bcaldwell00

Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'  Empty
PostSubject: Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'    Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'  Empty3/30/2012, 4:17 pm

I am looking for a pair of Fork Boots - Black for 94'

Anybody have an old set they want to sell or have a recommendation of where to purchase?

Thanks

Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'  March_12
Back to top Go down
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'    Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'  Empty3/31/2012, 9:38 pm

Think you should be able to get what you need at Motorcycle Superstore. I have always been happy with their prices and customer service. Gerry
Back to top Go down
http://mrgizmow@aol.com
Admiral
Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'    Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'  Empty4/1/2012, 7:47 am

You'll probably have a hard time finding any TW owner that would have a good pair of fork boots to sell you. Availability issue.

I replaced my original fork boots with universal Daystar Fork boots from Rocky Mountain ATV website. They are not an exact fit. They are a little long and the bottom has a slightly larger boot diameter than the original. I paid about $17 for a pair, though I see they are a bit cheaper now, by about a dollar. Can't remember if I had to pay for shipping or not. I didn't worry about the length and just cinched up the bottom with a black colored ziptie. Worked.

A forum member on the other TW forum came up with a solution to take up the bottom diameter space (wish I had thought of it). He used the bottom part of the old fork boot, placed it in its original location on the fork, then put the new fork boots over top of that portion. He removed the rest of the old fork boot above that point.

Original replacement boots from my local Yamaha dealer cost about $32 per pair. If I remember it was cheaper overall to buy the ones from Rocky Mtn, which is why I went that route.

I think I've seen some Daystar fork boots at some local shops as well, but don't remember the price as I had already replaced mine and didn't care about the price at that point.
Back to top Go down
bcaldwell00

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'    Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'  Empty4/5/2012, 8:21 am

Thanks everyone. This is a great place for information. I am loving my new TW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'    Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'  Empty

Back to top Go down

Wanted - Fork Boots - Black for 94'
Page 1 of 1