TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

willing to learn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hhenrie

PostSubject: willing to learn   Mon May 07, 2012 2:35 pm

I have just purchased a tw200 1999 model in great shape with 5k miles for $1200. First thing needed to do was make the seat more comfortable after doing some research I found this forum and the general consisous seemed to be the coleman seat pad from walmart bought one and so far great buy. The next thing have done was add a led strobe under the brake light that flashes when the brakes are applied. In the future I plan to build a small rack, beef up the skid plate, widen the foot pegs, possibly a wind screen, tachometer, oil temp gauge, and a cigarette plug. But right now I need to gear it to run 65mph for commutes I think it can be done and still keep the off road prowless. I was thinking 15/47 any thoughts, suggestions, recommendations of gearing brand or anything else is more than just welcomed it is sought after. So please help
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: willing to learn   Tue May 08, 2012 1:54 am

Regearing the TW seems to be trial and error for many, a lot depends on your terrain and weight. For me to really enjoy off-road, I went to a 14/55. If you live in Kansas for example, that gearing may be fine, you will have to experiment. I have been real happy with JT sprocket. Gerry

http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/topic/4010-sprocket-combo/page__p__37683__hl__%2Bsprocket+%2Bgearing__fromsearch__1#entry37683

willing to learn
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1