TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

New to forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drifter

PostSubject: New to forum   Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi everyone,Just purchased a 1994 Tw 200 with 3,500 miles on it.Original tires,very clean bike.I did do some maintenance because i was not sure what previous owner did.New oil and filter,new plug,adjust valves,check cam chain tensioner.It has a flat spot in the carb at mid range,so I bought a carb rebuild kit,it's on the way. I use it to go back and forth to work only 3 miles each way,My main purpose for the bike is camping,trail riding,and exploring.It has a 13T front and a 50T rear.I want to change the front to a 14T.I would like a top speed of 50 -55,for around town,and low enough for slow trail riding. Maybe a 55T rear.Your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: New to forum   Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:38 am

The TW will be fun for exploring the trails. A 13 tooth front sprocket would be rather odd for the front. The reason I say this is, given the small diameter of that sprocket, it will not bolt up like a 14 or 15. Instead, it uses a clip. My thought would be that many folks might be uncomfortable moving from the stock bolt in place sprocket to something as different as a 'clip-on' sprocket. I assume you kind of peeked in to count the teeth. Did you see a couple of bolts going into the sprocket? If so, it likely is not a 13. I run a 14/55. Seldom do I have any desire to go 50 or 55mph, but it should not be an issue. I do like that gear combination a lot in the hills. Don't seem to have to worry about getting or loosing momentum as well, you can ride a slightly taller gear like 3ed if you are on a logging road. In this gear the engine is quieter and still pulls fine down as low as 13mph. At least this has been my experience. Gerry

New to forum
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1