TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Stiff Forks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ebikerman

PostSubject: Stiff Forks   Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:35 pm

I sure would like to soften my suspension, especially the front. My mechanic recommended 5 wt fork oil. Would this make enough difference for a not so agressive rider? I have little hope for the rear with it's non adjusting shock. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Another related item...somewhere in the rear suspension is a groaning noise when pressing down on the seat. I can't find any fittings on either of the upper or lower rear shock bushings. How do you lube them? I greased one of the two swing arm fittings. The other would not take any grease and the one that did, took very little. Neither side showed any new grease coming from the bushing.I may need to get a tighter fitting grease gun nozzle. That little grease seemed to stop a similar or same noise for a few miles. Need help here...Thanks !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: Stiff Forks   Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:18 pm

There are a number of things you can do, but try this first. This fellow posts a lot on the other TW forum and is regarded highly. Gerry

http://tw200.wiki-site.com/index.php/Front_Suspension

Stiff Forks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1