TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Tire Sealer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ebikerman

PostSubject: Tire Sealer   Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:37 pm

I really need some advice on puncture sealer. Found several brands, but can't decide which is best for large tubbed tires. "Ride ON" brand will balance as well as protect against flats, but only coats the center of the tread. Another brand coats all of the tire's inside and protects against all flats including bead leaks, but does not balance. Mostly in the past I have used "Victor EZ Seal", but they seem to be out of business now. Some help here would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Tire Sealer   Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:05 am

I've not used any tire sealer yet, but if I did I would use "Ride-On". I like the idea of puncture protection as well as balancing. Plus, I've heard some other brands can cause some other rim and tube damage over time (corrosion I'm guessing).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fursniper

PostSubject: Re: Tire Sealer   Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:48 pm

I just had a flat about 2 weeks ago on my front tire. Drove the TW200 slowly about a mile back to camp on the flat. Considering where it happened I assumed it was caused by a thorn, but I never did find a thorn or the puncture location in the tire. After I got home, I ordered some Ride On and put that in the tire. I never took the tire off to patch the tube. Before putting the Ride On in the tire, it would only take about 15 minutes for the tire to go flat. After putting the Ride On in the tire, the more I rode the bike the better it sealed the puncture. About 35 miles later, there was no air leak. Presto, flat fixed.

Here is a U-Tube video about Ride On. I like where they shoot the tire with a 9mm pistol and just keep on driving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mid3XqDlyk&feature=relmfu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Tire Sealer   Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:04 am

Fursniper,

It's encouraging to here about Ride-On from someone who actually used it. The good news is I've never had a flat since I've owned my TW (2005 new). Bad news is, now that I mentioned it, I will go out and promptly have a flat. Law of averages don't-you-know .

Thanks for the info on the ride-on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tire Sealer   

Back to top Go down

Tire Sealer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1