TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Summer 2013 - Admiral's Central Idaho Tour Ride

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admiral
Admiral

Summer 2013 - Admiral's Central Idaho Tour Ride Empty
PostSubject: Summer 2013 - Admiral's Central Idaho Tour Ride   Summer 2013 - Admiral's Central Idaho Tour Ride Empty11/15/2012, 11:12 am

This is an open invitation for anyone (or no one) to join me for all of, or any part of, a ride I'm planning in late July or early August - summer 2013. Thought I would put it out there, just in case someone is interested.

I'm in my early planning stages and have generally mapped out my route with a tentative itinerary. I do have some logistical issues to iron out, but here is my plan (idea). I've included a map for you to follow along with the written part.

This will be a trip of about 700-800 miles (or more) and 7-8 days (or more), with camping and some exploring time scheduled in. This trip will be about 99% Forest Service logging road, maybe some trails on exploring day's, and just a few miles of pavement to connect from one spot to another.

Though you will need to be mostly self-sufficient (extra gas, food, cooking stuff), there's a chance of a support vehicle. My wife wants to go, but doesn't ride a motorcycle. With that said, she may do the trip in our camper w/utility trailer, driving ahead to the days planned camp spot. If this pans out, this may work out as a support vehicle for gas, break downs, ambulance etc).

Day 1: My house (Sandhollow, ID) to No Business Lookout area. About 105 miles. Plan to visit a Fire Lookout/geocaches. (Easy Forest Service Rds)

Day 2: No Business Lookout to Carey Dome/War Eagle Mtn. area. About 80 miles. Gas available when going through McCall. (Easy Forest Service Rds-paved near McCall)

Day 3: Remain in Carey Dome/War Eagle Mtn. area and explore area mines/lookouts/trails and possible side trip down to Salmon River. (Moderate Forest Service Rds, possible steep sections, and unknown difficulty trails).

On French Creek rd heading down from Burgdorf to the Salmon River.

Summer 2013 - Admiral's Central Idaho Tour Ride Th_BusinWoods

Day 4: Carey Dome/California Lake area to Stibnite, ID. About 90 miles. Possible gas available in Yellowpine, ID (short side trip). Plan to visit mines/towns/geocaches and lookouts along the way. (Some dangerous sections (steep curvy grades) of Forest Service Rds between Warren, ID and Big Creek).

Big Creek, ID

Summer 2013 - Admiral's Central Idaho Tour Ride Th_DSCN1741

Day 5: Remain in Stibnite area and explore old mines/lookouts/geocaches. (Easy to ? rds/trails)

Day 6: Stibnite to Deadwood Reservoir. About 100 miles. Possible gas available in Yellowpine, ID (Easy to moderate Forest Service Rds)

Day 7: Deadwood Res. to ?? Garden Valley/Crouch, ID. About 80 miles. (Easy to Moderate Forest Service Rds. Short section of pavement from Scott Mtn road to GV). Lookouts/geocaches along the way. If time is right, Crouch has an outdoor musical theater which is fun to watch. Gas available in Garden Valley and Crouch.

Day 8: Garden Valley to home. About 80 miles. (Easy to Moderate Forest Service Rds. Intermittent pavement sections near GV and then Emmett, ID to home.

Well, there you go. Something for you all to chew on over the winter!

Here's a map.

Summer 2013 - Admiral's Central Idaho Tour Ride CentralIdahoLoopRide
Back to top Go down
R80rt
R80rt

Summer 2013 - Admiral's Central Idaho Tour Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer 2013 - Admiral's Central Idaho Tour Ride   Summer 2013 - Admiral's Central Idaho Tour Ride Empty8/13/2013, 7:19 am

Looks like you've planned a darn nice excursion, wish I was close enough to get in on it. Post pic's!
Back to top Go down

Summer 2013 - Admiral's Central Idaho Tour Ride
Page 1 of 1