TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

New to the Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tkbowman

PostSubject: New to the Forum   Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:13 pm

Hi all:

I'm new to the forum but a high mileage rider on some other genre bikes.

I've been considering a TW200 as a d/s bike to supplement my F650 which is a pretty capable d/s bike. I'm a pretty fair wrencher and not afraid to tackle just about any mechanical/electrical project.

My big question for the TW200 owners is the size of the front tire. Normally one wants a smaller tire to cut through sand, etc. How does the larger tire fare in off pavement activity in sand, etc.?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
srs713

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum   Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:33 pm

From my own experience in deep sand on back country roads, the stock TW tires will get you thru, but not gracefully.
The bike is, as the name implies, a trail bike. Take it easy, smell the pine, or sage, look at the scenery and not worry about the terrain.
The nickname of Mule is apt. Load it up & go somewhere, or anywhere. I have had it out on farm trails that have in one trip a variety of surfaces...
from packed dirt to grass covered, then needles & leaves, then gravel & stones, clay...

It's not gonna be the best on any of them, but it will be good on all of them.

Well, at least that's my 2ยข.

View user profile http://dragonfen.com
goldenhtr
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum   Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:31 am

tkbowman wrote:
Hi all:

I'm new to the forum but a high mileage rider on some other genre bikes.

I've been considering a TW200 as a d/s bike to supplement my F650 which is a pretty capable d/s bike. I'm a pretty fair wrencher and not afraid to tackle just about any mechanical/electrical project.

My big question for the TW200 owners is the size of the front tire. Normally one wants a smaller tire to cut through sand, etc. How does the larger tire fare in off pavement activity in sand, etc.?

tk as soon as my front tire needed replaced I went to a maxxis m6006 for the front. Several others also have gone this route. While it feels a little heavy on pavement it is 100% better offroad. IMO You no longer feel as if you are going to washout on some gravel corners. I feel its alot better alround. my 2c

Tracy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum   

Back to top Go down

New to the Forum
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1