TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

EMF realities

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Desertrat07

PostSubject: EMF realities   Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Hello All

I've been reading as much about the TW and came across some articles that talk about the risk of exposure to EMF's from motorcycles and since the TW would be my first bike, I'm concerned that I might be getting exposed to things I'd rather not. I'm sure this sounds too many as paranoid but I was hoping that I could get could some feedback to the reality of this claim, true or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lizrdbrth

PostSubject: Re: EMF realities   Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:02 pm

Given that you're presumably posing the question while seated in front of one of the most common and prevalent EMF generators extant, and also presuming that you have not wrapped yourself in a aluminum foil to do so....

What exactly was your question again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Desertrat07

PostSubject: Re: EMF realities   Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:19 am

Oh, question being if motorcycles give off enough EMF radiation to be concerned about since the family jewels sit only inches from the electronics. I understand that computers and other electronic devices give off EMFs but for the most part I don't think we have such proximity with them as people do on bikes. Like I said before, I'm probably more paranoid about it than logical.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
R80rt

PostSubject: Re: EMF realities   Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:15 am

no problem.

Last edited by R80rt on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rm_hm

PostSubject: Re: EMF realities   Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:12 pm

Go get a handheld emf meter and walk around a tw or similar while running

http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Technology-Products-Inc-ES9000/dp/B000G82KLI/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1355353815&sr=8-9&keywords=handheld+emf

I'd be more worried about emf's in a hybrid or fully electric car.

Some say bikes cause cancer and others say

"EMF from an engine’s electrical system is not ionizing radiation; not anywhere close to it. This means that it does not have the ability to strip away electrons, thus changing or damaging cells or DNA in your body. In summary, such an electromagnetic field cannot give you cancer."

(2009) Jimbo Shield, Front And Rear Cycleracks, LED Jumbo Brake Light, 15-50 Sprockets, X-Ring chain, 130 Jet,  5x.01 Washers Under The Needle, Jumbo Foot  Pegs, 1 Tool Tube, Two 30cal Ammo Cans On Cyclerack Bag Supports, Kolpin Fuel Pack on right side, Freeway Blaster Horn, Bar Risers, XT 225 Stainless Head Pipe, Japanese Oil Cooler, Clarke Tank , Emgo Travel Trunk, Air Valves On Forks, EarthX Lithium Iron Battery , Kenda K270 Front Tire, Ricochet Skid  Guard. Stock Pipe With  45d Copper Elbow, 90 Degree Fuel Filter, Procycle 40% Stiffer Front Fork Springs, White Procycle Rear Spring Upgrade, Folding Shift Lever,
Castrol Actevo XTra4T, And  Tusk Hand Guards

How to search THIS site like a pro.   LINK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/venture72
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EMF realities   

Back to top Go down

EMF realities
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1