TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spot transmitter

Go down 
+4
Hodakaguy
Peruano
goldenhtr
mrgizmow1
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Spot transmitter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spot transmitter   Spot transmitter - Page 2 Empty12/28/2008, 8:00 am

Here's a long running thread on the SPOT over at ADVRider: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282391

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
Peruano

PostSubject: rei bargain   Spot transmitter - Page 2 Empty12/31/2008, 5:13 pm

Unless I heard my friend wrong, he bought a unit for $80 at REI with the first year of service free. Its worth checking out at that price. tom
Back to top Go down
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Spot tracking   Spot transmitter - Page 2 Empty1/2/2010, 4:10 pm

Well, a number of months ago I decided to pay for the 'constant tracking' mode. My thought is, for the few extra dollars, I do not have to remember to push a button and hope that I am in an area that will allow my signal to go through. Now, every ten minutes, the unit automatically sends my location to my 'Loved ones' without me having to do anything. I am inclined to say, for me, this is well worth the modest increase in price. Gerry
Back to top Go down
http://mrgizmow@aol.com
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Self leveling Spot   Spot transmitter - Page 2 Empty3/22/2010, 7:25 am

For the last couple of years now, I have used the Spot unit on every ride. In my opinion, the "Tracking" option is a 'must have'. Recently the thought came to me, that should I fall, and am unable to get back up, the Spot unit mounted on my handlebar may end up oriented in such a way as to prevent any further transmissions from getting through. I decided to work on a mount that would always allow the Spot's antenna to point skyward regardless of the bikes position. The Wife actually came up with this idea, so I ran with it. It is simply, a small camera case, I cut the webbed belt loop and used a soldering iron to melt a couple of holes. I then frabricate a pivot point using 1/4" fiberglass rod and a heavy duty 6 gauge wire terminal. The pivot is mounted as to point forward and be oriented horizontal to the ground. The camera case w/Spot hangs, and rotates freely from this rod. I have capped the end of the rod with grommet so the unit will not slide forward and off the rod. Seems to work fine. GerrySpot transmitter - Page 2 C:\Documents and Settings\Gerry\My Documents\My Pictures\Email or Web\101KC533\101_0835
Back to top Go down
http://mrgizmow@aol.com
JVT

PostSubject: spot    Spot transmitter - Page 2 Empty7/25/2010, 7:12 am

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has used Both new and old version of spot.
After all.You really can't compaire them if you haven't done both.
Is the new any faster to send out signals?
Jim
Back to top Go down
R80rt
R80rt

PostSubject: Re: Spot transmitter   Spot transmitter - Page 2 Empty4/26/2014, 8:53 am

This is my first riding season with the SPOT, the tracking sure eases my wife's mind when I disappear into the wastelands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spot transmitter   Spot transmitter - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spot transmitter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TW200 Forum :: General :: Gear and Equipment Reviews-
Jump to: