TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MontanaTW200

Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding!   Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding! Empty11/1/2009, 10:55 pm

Wow...Inspiring
Back to top Go down
goldenhtr
Admin
goldenhtr

PostSubject: Re: Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding!   Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding! Empty12/23/2008, 8:54 pm

Looking forward to the ride report.

Tracy 🎅
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding!   Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding! Empty12/23/2008, 7:29 pm

Well this is actually more of a picture slide show than a ride report. Every year my family takes a week long trip into the Deserts of SE Oregon, mainly the Guano lake area and the Alvord Desert. Next summer a group of friends and I are going to ride the OBCDR (Oregon Back Country Discovery Route), it's a 900 mile dirt trail that goes from Walla Walla, WA to Cave Lake, CA. Just about every kind of riding can and will be had on the OBCDR.

Anyways...Here is a picture of the OBCDR route and some pictures of my family past adventures into the Deserts of SE Oregon.

Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding! Obdr0_map_nw_reltrk

This is the OBCDR, 900 miles of dirt fun through some of the most remote country in the USA. There are actually several different routes that you can take....Slight variations in trails ect.

Here are some of our past Desert Adventure Pics. Sorry, no TW shots 😢 , these pics were taken before be bought the TW. A lot of these pictures are on the OBCDR route.

Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding! 90xr400ronthelakebedss7

My old XR400R, Sitting on the lake bed of the Alvord Desert. This lake bed is so cool, rock hard and miles long and wide. Great place to see what your bike will top out at. I no longer own this bike but still love the XR400's.

Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding! Abandonedhouseatguanolaqd7

VERY COOL! Old Abandoned Ranch in the middle of now where. Must of been a hard life out here. Very cool to explore! It's now a Haunta Virus hotel.

Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding! Img1737nc6

Better view of the ranch. I've never seen mosquitoes as bad as they were around this ranch. All I can say is 100% Deet!

Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding! Img1675bi4

So we are exploring the abandoned house and my father says "You know every old house has to have a dump somewhere", so we looked around a bit and found it. Here my friend Travis is exploring the dump. Lots of fun looking around here. :thumb:

Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding! Img1683of2

Pretty wild home made fork lift sitting in the dump. The welds were terrible! That's my ugly mug standing on the sweet machine :D

Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding! Img1733se7

Found this up on a hill not far from the ranch. Later some "locals" told us a bank robber had passed through the area and was involved in this shooting.

Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding! 40restingbyamineshaftrk7

Resting by a vertical mine shaft, over looking the Alvord Lake bed. We found several mines in the area.
They were all Cinibar mines, (Mercury mines). This particular mine was caved and could not be entered. The other two were in stable hard rock and were fun to explore. The wet looking area at the base of the lake bed is a natural ALVORD hot springs. We soaked for a good hour that night in the springs and it was great.

Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding! Img1469ra2

Miles of Nothing! So Cool!!! We really needed larger tanks with those bikes, they weren't the best bikes to take out in the desert. With a little more fuel capacity the TW would be a great desert machine. (We're currently working on the TW fuel problem 😉

Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding! Img1476vm7

Neat old cellar, the roof was built using old flattened oil cans! When you live this far out in the middle of know where you had to make due with what you had.

Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding! Img1505ut4

Although I didn't know it at the time, this is on the OBCDR route. Very cool to find fresh cool flowing water in the Desert. Get out that water purifier and top off your water supplies!

Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding! Img1627sk4

Endless Views!

Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding! 104myunimogaloneinthedelx2

Ok its not a bike, But...It did carry our bikes to the Avlord Desert that year, plus all our gear and a 55 gal drum of extra fuel! I owned this truck for a while, it's a Mercedes Unimog S404. Ex Swiss Military. This thing could go anywhere (as long as you weren't in a hurry). Mechanical Diff lockers front and rear, portal axles, 112:1 in low gear :shock:

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding!   Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding! Empty

Back to top Go down

Eastern OR Desert Trip Pics.......OH YEAH now this is riding!
Page 1 of 1