TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My T-DUB puts a smile on my face as much as my KTM

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg

My T-DUB puts a smile on my face as much as my KTM Empty
PostSubject: My T-DUB puts a smile on my face as much as my KTM   My T-DUB puts a smile on my face as much as my KTM Empty12/26/2008, 10:08 am

:D

Finally picked up a T-Dub this past fall and I think I got a good deal. You be the judge.................
2005 Yamaha TW200 with 29 miles and a rear rack, new battery and tune up for $2000 :('deal'):

I put on wider pegs that I got from ebay, dumped the old oil and I have been riding the heck out of the bike. My other bike is an 03 KTM 640 Adventure with tons of Touratech mods. I have owned BMW Dakars, Husqvarna TE610s and several other KTMs and I can honestly say that this bike is just as much fun to ride and puts just as big a smile on my face.

My KTM is primarily used for multi-day dual sports, easier enduros, longer rides and deep woods exploring, but once I get this TW sorted the way I want I will be taking this out for the same type of riding.

Mods planned if I ever get around to it(and stop riding the thing for long enough: :thumb:
bar risers or taller bars that are bent up more(I stand a lot when riding off road) - any suggestions would help
foldable mirrrors - for tight woods riding
handguards - for tight woods riding
larger rear/front chain ring - for higher speeds(anyone with any suggestions?)
exhaust - let the little guy breathe
paint the tank orange - I like orange(my KTM is silver = fastest color)

This site looks great and I hope it really takes off. I will be checking back.

Teeth to the wind,
Sno Dawg
Jeff
2005 Yamaha T-Dub
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
Back to top Go down
sraab928

sraab928

PostSubject: Re: My T-DUB puts a smile on my face as much as my KTM   My T-DUB puts a smile on my face as much as my KTM Empty12/26/2008, 5:50 pm

I would say you got one heck of a deal - your upgrade list sounds great....

Maybe I will see you on the road....or trail ..
Back to top Go down
http://www.protekgroup.com
Peruano

PostSubject: new t-dub   My T-DUB puts a smile on my face as much as my KTM Empty12/28/2008, 5:37 pm

Hey you captured a new t-dub for 1600 less than the going price +++. Enjoy it and use the savings for making it into the bike that you dream aboutl You can afford a custom paint job. I could not be happier after buying a 2002 with 300 miles on it Now it has 2000+ and I've invested no more than a valve adjustment and a few custom features that were essential to me. 1. Larger tank; 2. luggage rack 3. Halliburton case for cargo; 4. Minimalist tank bag. I considered gearing changes but after 1700 miles decided the stock is great. I can travel close to 70 on the freeway (minimal time) and grind up the rocky arroyos that I frequent most often without lugging the engine. Why should I change something that is working. OK, I did raise the bars a bit, and did add some ornamental/functional tank grips, and did change the color of the motor trim plastics, but who's watching and it didn't cost much. Have a good time and a safe ride. tom
Back to top Go down
tpar1220

PostSubject: Re: My T-DUB puts a smile on my face as much as my KTM   My T-DUB puts a smile on my face as much as my KTM Empty12/31/2008, 2:14 pm

Quote :
I have owned BMW Dakars, Husqvarna TE610s and several other KTMs and I can honestly say that this bike is just as much fun to ride and puts just as big a smile on my face.

i know what ya mean, i rode my vstrom 1000 around sunday for a bit, and it was windy...that bike don't even start to breath till about 70mph, not much fun in the high winds. took it home and jumped on the tw and hit some back roads, gravel and whatnot, had a freakin ball. i am now considering selling the strom, don't ride it much...usually ride klr.

dl1000 is a sweet bike, just don't ride it........just sits in garage.

My T-DUB puts a smile on my face as much as my KTM 100_0853
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My T-DUB puts a smile on my face as much as my KTM   My T-DUB puts a smile on my face as much as my KTM Empty

Back to top Go down

My T-DUB puts a smile on my face as much as my KTM
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TW200 Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: