TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admiral
Admiral

Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1   Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1 Empty6/9/2010, 7:58 pm

So I'm just getting around to posting this because I don't download the camera very often, I get busy doing other things, and I procrastinate...a lot! Anyway, this is part 1 of the Duel mule mothers day ride with the 4 legged mule variety. Part 2, with the 2 wheeled mule is posted in the adventure section. I didn't want to get anyone mad by posting non-TW in that section even though it was on the same day.
Started off the day waking up and seeing our Fox neighbors eating breakfast...that is our other neighbors prized Polish Chicken. They been looking for the chicken for a couple of day's...we found out what happened! Not gonna share these pictures with them cause I think they will get mad. Per mother's wishes, wife, mother-in-law, and three daughters went into town to eat and watch a movie...so the rest of us when riding.
Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1 FoxChickenEvidence
Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1 Foxx3
They're so cute! Eating the neighbors chicken. I hunt, but can't bring myself to hunt these. They have been neighbors for 2 or three years now. Georgie even play's (I think plays) with one of the parents when they arrive for giving birth season. Got pictures of it, but too blurry.
Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1 Foxx4ChickenEvidence
Son #3 on his first mule ride. His mule is the ever so stable (and old as heck) Dolomite (not dynamite).
Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1 MDP1S3
Rode with #3, father-in-law, and wife's cousin and her son. #3 smiling cause his butt doesn't hurt yet! lol.
Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1 MDP1S3andT
Off we go towards the back 40. Back 40 is the BLM we are lucky enough to be adjacent too.
Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1 MDP1Ridersx4
Getting riding instructions during our first break.
Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1 MDP1Break1
More riding.<br>Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1 MDP1CodynDogs
Break number two.
Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1 MDP1CodyBreak
Georgie pointing at Whistle Pig in old Badger hole. What we call a whistle pig, is a small squirrel like rodent that comes out in our area late winter thru early summer and hibernates the rest of the year. They are all over in our area and on this day we have to avoid the whistle pig hunters (humans). Sounds like a war zone during whistle pig season by our house.
Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1 MDP1GnWP
Heading home. Can you see by #3's posture how his butt is doing!
Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1 MDP1SquawButte
Georgie catching up after chasing whistle pigs.
Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1 MDP1GKeepingUp
Final home instructions from the trail boss. I think he's just turning his mule around and had to yield to oncoming traffic. Honest, he's not yelling at anyone!
Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1 MDP1DT
As we finished the ride I can tell #3's butt is in pain now, no smiling now!
Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1 MDP1S3Smile
End of part 1 of duel mule mothers day rides.
Back to top Go down
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1   Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1 Empty6/10/2010, 7:25 am

You folks sure live in some wide-open country. I really enjoyed your pictures, but not sure I would feel comfortable that high off the ground. Gerry
Back to top Go down
http://mrgizmow@aol.com
Admiral
Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1   Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1 Empty6/12/2010, 7:42 pm

Hi mrgizmow1,

First let me say I think I have read all of your modification post's in this forum and the other with much interest. You also have some wise words of wisdom for others (and me).

The BLM area right out our back door is pretty wide open. We have apporximately 75-100 sq. miles at our disposal for our riding pleasure. We ride both kinds of mules mostly during spring and early summer before the snow melts off in the mountains. I am also lucky enough to be about an hours drive into the mountains in all directions, which is where the majority of my riding is done.

I too wasn't too sure of the whole animal riding thing myself when I started. I got married 4 years ago and my wife's family is in to mules and horses and so I didn't get left behind I ride. Most of our animals are mules and that's what I ride. Only my step daughter rides a smaller horse with all the rest (8) being mules. I have heard all the stories of people getting bucked off and have witnessed my father-in-law get bucked off (a horse he was training) and get broken ribs. I ride with lots of caution and accept willingly all the advise they give me. The only time I was scared sh--less was two years ago we road in the Frank Church Wilderness area up to a lookout. Let me say single track hiking and horse trails are not as wide as a logging road. One portion of the trail had a cliff on one side and needless to say I built up a pretty good sweat. Bad part was we had to come down the same way so it was a double dose for me. So you mentioning being so high off the ground does have its merits. I do it anyway!

I have also ridden the TW up to lookouts and have been pretty scared then, but that didn't compare to some of the horse trails. And I'm a lot lower to the ground. Thanks for your comments. Kris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1   Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Duel Mule Mothers Day Rides Part 1
Page 1 of 1