TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Excuses-Getting the mail and testing the camera...again!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admiral
Admiral

Excuses-Getting the mail and testing the camera...again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excuses-Getting the mail and testing the camera...again!   Excuses-Getting the mail and testing the camera...again! Empty1/26/2011, 5:26 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention the continuing mic problem. Last time out I had put tape over the mic and it helped eliminate some of the noise, but not all of it. I think there must be some internal camera "rattle" the mic is picking up, unless the buzz sound is coming from the instrument cluster that I don't notice when I'm riding.

If I can't resolve that issue, I'm gonna look at lowering the sound output when I upload the video during the movie making stage, or when I upload to youtube.

Can't wait for spring to come so I can get out and ride.

Take care Gerry,
Kris
Back to top Go down
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: Excuses-Getting the mail and testing the camera...again!   Excuses-Getting the mail and testing the camera...again! Empty1/22/2011, 10:17 pm

Boy Kris, I would be hard pressed to spend anymore money for a 'better' picture. That video was smooth, steady and very clear. Might try a couple of thin strips of double edge tape and a small piece of foam over the mike. You have a great trail. looks a little rougher than most that I travel. Thanks, Gerry
Back to top Go down
http://mrgizmow@aol.com
Admiral
Admiral

PostSubject: Excuses-Getting the mail and testing the camera...again!   Excuses-Getting the mail and testing the camera...again! Empty1/22/2011, 4:03 pm

Thought I would throw out another video of a short ride I did the other day. Again, making excuses to get a ride in. TW hasn't been ridden since Mulifever used it for his motorcycle drivers test.

What went right: I inserted some foam from a sleeping mat (thin), in my camera mount to get the "buzz" out of the picture when at higher rpm's. It appears to have done the trick.

What went wrong: When I changed the mount location, lower on the main bar instead of the cross bar, it also lowered the camera. The result was the "pinkish" color in some of the footage from the sun hitting the black headlight cowling. I'll have to raise it some, so it doesn't appear that I have a camera filter.

Not sure: I'm not 100% sold on the camera being mounted on the handle bar, which causes some "rough viewing" when the trail/road isn't smooth. Not going to change it for the time being as I've seen other meathods, which all show some odd camera bouncing at time.

What I really want: I'd love to get an HD camera, but will settle for what I'm using for now. Guess I'll start dropping hints to the wife for a birthday present, which isn't until next December. Oh well!

Anyway, here is the video. I added a couple of things hoping you will get a giggle out of it from time to time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excuses-Getting the mail and testing the camera...again!   Excuses-Getting the mail and testing the camera...again! Empty

Back to top Go down

Excuses-Getting the mail and testing the camera...again!
Page 1 of 1