TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chain and sprockets

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HenryJ

HenryJ

Chain and sprockets Empty
PostSubject: Chain and sprockets   Chain and sprockets Empty12/24/2008, 9:59 pm

I bought my bike used. I have not been around chain driven vehicles in many years. Lots of little mods had been done to my bike before I bought it. I did not get the whole story from the previous owner. Mine is a 2006 model.

Did any come with good chain from the factory?

How do I know if I have o-ring chain?

What chain is preferred? Or maybe the best question would be , Which is the best bang for the buck?

Would you run out the stock chain and make a change to o-ring chain when it expires, then add new sprockets and chain at that time?

lets assume this is a 50-50 application. (Half road, and half dirt) Not an unusually abrasive dirt and a dry climate, if that makes a difference.

What do you do to take care of the chain and sprockets?
Any super secret lubricants or incantations that need to be applied?
Fill me in.

ATV magazine - Tech Tip 23 - Proper Installation of an O-ring Chain

WD40 to clean chain.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.s-10crewcab.com/~henryj
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Re: Chain and sprockets   Chain and sprockets Empty12/25/2008, 6:40 pm

I'd like to try a Sidewinder chain and lifetime titanium sprocket on the TW. Any good O-ring chain should be good also. The factory chain is non-oring. If you look at a O-ring chain you will see little rubber orings smashed in between the side plates of the chain, that keeps the dirt from getting into the rollers and keeps the lubrication in the rollers also. The stock chain doesn't have these orings so you probably won't see them.

I need to get a good O-ring chain on order for our TW.

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
surfn54

PostSubject: Re: Chain and sprockets   Chain and sprockets Empty1/2/2009, 1:30 pm

I am ready to buy both a front and rear titanium w/ the best o-ring chain.......WHERE?

sURF
Back to top Go down
TW_Ryder

PostSubject: Re: Chain and sprockets   Chain and sprockets Empty1/2/2009, 3:36 pm

surfn54 wrote:
I am ready to buy both a front and rear titanium w/ the best o-ring chain.......WHERE?

sURF

Try here: Sidewinder
Back to top Go down
surfn54

PostSubject: Re: Chain and sprockets   Chain and sprockets Empty1/5/2009, 3:39 pm

TW Ryder Thanks!
But often when I try to look up parts for my TW....I am a newbie......they dont list it under Yamaha parts? They seem to list every dual sport made by Yamaha, but not the TW......I have tried this with Sidewinder, FMF AND YOU NAME IT......Can anyone help? Or do you just have to contact each manufacturer?

Surf
Back to top Go down
TW_Ryder

PostSubject: Re: Chain and sprockets   Chain and sprockets Empty1/5/2009, 5:42 pm

surfn54 wrote:
TW Ryder Thanks!
But often when I try to look up parts for my TW....I am a newbie......they dont list it under Yamaha parts? They seem to list every dual sport made by Yamaha, but not the TW......I have tried this with Sidewinder, FMF AND YOU NAME IT......Can anyone help? Or do you just have to contact each manufacturer?

Surf

Krause Racing (Sidewinder Sprockets) will make any (check out the custom section) sprocket you want and the TW is listed in the Yamaha section here: Yamaha sprockets

I suggest you call them at the 877 # listed on the site.

Ride Safe.........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chain and sprockets   Chain and sprockets Empty

Back to top Go down

Chain and sprockets
Page 1 of 1