TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dying on the Vine....

Go down 
+6
WINGNUT200
max
srs713
switz
Peruano
mrgizmow1
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

Dying on the Vine.... Empty
PostSubject: Dying on the Vine....   Dying on the Vine.... Empty1/23/2009, 9:47 pm

If we are going to keep this forum alive, some of you new folks are going to need to ask more questions, or get out the camera and take a few pictures of the kids, animals, off-road trails, oh yea, even the TW....

Dying on the Vine.... Philbrooklake

Now, I can't even keep track of what I am posting where. Here is a nice spot that I seem to visit about 3 times a year. I think this was late in the season and the water is pretty low, but at least much of the smoke from the forest fires has cleared. Gerry

Last edited by mrgizmow1 on 1/24/2009, 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mrgizmow@aol.com
Peruano

PostSubject: Ain't dead yet - Monty Python   Dying on the Vine.... Empty1/24/2009, 8:44 am

Gerry, I agree that the traffic is low. Its a matter of exposure in search engines. If you search for TW200 you have to look a long way down to find either of the two new fora (forums). Google ranks on hits and the sites do not have that volume (yet). Cheers. tom
Back to top Go down
switz

switz

PostSubject: Re: Dying on the Vine....   Dying on the Vine.... Empty1/31/2009, 5:49 pm

I started a forum for another group and traffic is almost non existent even for the membership. If just one person gets the necessary tidbit of information required to solve the problem at hand, I think the mission has been accomplished. :thumb:
Back to top Go down
http://www.azbiker.us
srs713

srs713

PostSubject: Re: Dying on the Vine....   Dying on the Vine.... Empty2/7/2009, 2:23 pm

I haven't been posting lately because of my current life crisis...
Cessna just gave 4000 of us here in Wichita notice... we're being laid-off at the end of March. Duration of layoff unknown.
And this week they kicked us in the nuts again... they announced a slowdown to a 3 day work week starting this month.
We're not gonna get full paychecks up to our layoff date.

I'm scrambling to figure out how to keep my bike.
Been too cold to ride it.
Now with warmer weather I'll have the time to ride, if I can afford the gas!
Back to top Go down
http://dragonfen.com
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: Dying on the Vine....   Dying on the Vine.... Empty2/7/2009, 5:11 pm

It can be a challenge. I have been on a 32 hour week for about six months. The state then pays me 'unemployment' for the other 8. It is not a full paycheck but certainly keeps my ship afloat. The program in Calif. is called work share and kind of keeps a business going when they find themselves in a very tight spot but can't layoff anymore people. Take care, and hope you are able to keep the really important stuff under control. Take care, Gerry
Back to top Go down
srs713

srs713

PostSubject: Re: Dying on the Vine....   Dying on the Vine.... Empty2/8/2009, 2:37 pm

We've been told that the company is in negotiations with the state about "work share".
Everyone is wondering how that service will effect unemployment insurance limits for those of us who are being laid off.

Judging from past unemployment experience, I'm going to have a lot of time to kill and little money to spend,
so I'm probably gonna be doing a lot of primitive camping, and a bit of tinkering on the bike. <G>
Back to top Go down
http://dragonfen.com
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: Dying on the Vine....   Dying on the Vine.... Empty2/9/2009, 6:38 pm

It is hard to feel comfortable about not having a job for I have been in that situation more than once. I wish you the best and I suspect you may even have some quality time with the TW. Hope you will share your adventures/pictures with us. Gerry
Back to top Go down
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: Dying on the Vine....   Dying on the Vine.... Empty6/28/2009, 10:06 pm

SRS713, how are things going? Have you had a chance to do any TW camping? Any pictures? Take care

Gerry
Back to top Go down
max

PostSubject: New past time   Dying on the Vine.... Empty7/7/2009, 8:28 pm

Hello all, I just bought a 2009 TW a couple of months ago. I live in northwest Arkansas and there are MILES of gravel county roads ranging from wide enough for 2 cars to pass to 2 tire tracks with grass in the middle. I put a garmin navi 205 on a handlebar mount and have seen some really nice country. The TW is GREAT on these roads but the seat is pretty hard after about 60 miles. Any suggestions on good cushions? also the clutch seems a little funky and ther seems to be a ping when it lugs down some going up hill. Does it need higher octane than 87? If I ever figure out how to post pictures, I'll show you some really nice places. I've also got a 2002 honda shadow 1100 and a 1972 CT 90, but they sit more now.......Peace.
Back to top Go down
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: Dying on the Vine....   Dying on the Vine.... Empty7/7/2009, 9:08 pm

Max, check the return spring on the lever comming out of the engine case and make sure it is properly hooked up to provide 'return pull' to the lever. Check the links on the other recent posts. Most of the folks that were here are now playing at Yamaha TW200 Trailways forum. Gerry
Back to top Go down
WINGNUT200

WINGNUT200

PostSubject: MONTANA?   Dying on the Vine.... Empty7/24/2009, 3:27 pm

Mr giz is that lake picture in Montana? I went to a wedding in Montana about 25 years ago the picture looks about right? OH yeah I have a rebuild kit for my starter, the book I have does not show how to install the kit. could you send me some info? My leg is tired from kick starting my TW.
Back to top Go down
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: The Lake   Dying on the Vine.... Empty7/24/2009, 6:08 pm

Wingnut:

It seems you are on a forum of one. Mr. Hodaka put together a pretty nice place to visit, but since there has been peace on the Yamaha TW-200 Trailways forum, everyone has moved back 'home'. The lake in question is Lake Philbrook. It is a small body of water that is used as an 'energy store' for California's fabled Pacific Gas and Electric, our power provider. Lake Philbrook is located a bit North East of Chico, Calif. Gerry
Back to top Go down
Brando

Brando

PostSubject: Keeping post alive..   Dying on the Vine.... Empty4/5/2010, 9:00 pm

I would like to see this post flourish as the other site is broken or whoever runs does not care because unless your already a member there is no way to get a message through to the people who run the site!! I have tried and tried to join and never get an e-mail or response of any kind EVER. Is it because I am on a MAC? I can't believe that would make a difference, 10 years ago maybe. So it would be great if someone from this site who is already a member of the other site to tell whoever is running it that new people can' t join or at least people on a MAC can't. Tell them that there should be a way to get a message thru to SOMEONE even if you are not a member.
But if this site starts to get some use as summer arrives and we are all out riding and working on our bikes the exchange of information will be great. Lets get this site active, it is set up much better than the other site. More organized. We can all get together and ponder deep questions like why do some motorcycles (like the TW) have an accelerator cable and a decelerator cable? Does the return spring need the extra help? It seems like pushing on a cable to close something is not sound engineering.
Yet the TW is as well engineered as a dual sport bike can be. So why two cables?
I have an old 1978 Kawasaki KL250 that runs well and looking thru the shop manual it too came from the factory with two cables: accelerator and decelerator. It's been running on one cable since I've had it but the Japanese designers thought it necessary to have two. Is it simply over engineering? Why don't motorcycles have thumb throttles like a snowmobile? The throttle control I have on my sno-go is great. There must be a reason out there somewhere.....
Back to top Go down
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Joining the forum   Dying on the Vine.... Empty4/5/2010, 11:01 pm

I will let Tracy know that you need some help. He is actually the moderator of this and the 'other' forum, perhaps he can give you some helpful advice.

My understanding, at least as discribed by someone else, is that the second cable is a 'safety' that actually pulls the throttle closed should the opening wire fray or otherwise jam preventing the throttle slide spring from closing the slide. Gerry
Back to top Go down
betopimienta

betopimienta

PostSubject: Re: Dying on the Vine....   Dying on the Vine.... Empty6/7/2010, 6:33 pm

Any body know what happened to the "other site" ? it appears all FUBAR! keeps giving me "critical server error" messages.
Back to top Go down
goldenhtr
Admin
goldenhtr

PostSubject: Re: Dying on the Vine....   Dying on the Vine.... Empty6/7/2010, 6:54 pm

I'm trying to find out what is going on. I'll let everyone know as soon as I do.

Tracy
Back to top Go down
betopimienta

betopimienta

PostSubject: Re: Dying on the Vine....   Dying on the Vine.... Empty6/7/2010, 7:01 pm

Ok thanks i hope it comes back soon
Back to top Go down
rm_hm

rm_hm

PostSubject: Site traffic   Dying on the Vine.... Empty6/19/2010, 4:35 pm

If any of you with firefox are using the stumbleupon add on make sure you give this site a thumbs up :)

Dying on the Vine.... Stumbleupon-icon

http://www.stumbleupon.com/home/

StumbleUpon helps you discover and share great websites. As you click Stumble!, they deliver high-quality pages matched to your personal preferences. These pages have been explicitly recommended by your friends or one of 8 million+ other websurfers with interests similar to you. Rating these sites you like () automatically shares them with like-minded people – and helps you discover great sites your friends recommend.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/venture72
rm_hm

rm_hm

PostSubject: Re: Dying on the Vine....   Dying on the Vine.... Empty9/10/2010, 9:30 am

At least this site is here for times like this when the other site is on the fritz.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/venture72
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dying on the Vine....   Dying on the Vine.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Dying on the Vine....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TW200 Forum :: General :: Main Discussion-
Jump to: