TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OIL LEAK

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WINGNUT200

WINGNUT200

OIL LEAK Empty
PostSubject: OIL LEAK   OIL LEAK Empty1/31/2009, 2:45 pm

I wrote elsewhere that I was leaking oil the bike leaked when I bought it so the weather was in the mid 40's today and I pulled the skid plate and was relieved to find someone pulled the right cover with the kick start and replaced the gasket with RTV and that all the screws on the right side were loose. Are there any screw or bolt kits out there? The ones on my 1990 are pretty trashed.
Back to top Go down
frog13

OIL LEAK Empty
PostSubject: Re: OIL LEAK   OIL LEAK Empty6/27/2011, 6:31 pm

Over two years old...226ish views and no responses!...yea,I'll respond. Take some of the screws to a hardware store, you or one of the staff will be able to match-up some new screws.If not,go to your local Yamaha dealer and they "should" be able to assist you..........man-o-man,this was a hard response.Sure it is over two years old,but, a response could also help a new TW owner with a similiar issue.Responding to a fellow riders question(s) is IMPORTANT!....it helps build unity,trust etc within the particular bike segment/community...it also helps make the forum larger.
Back to top Go down
Rodney

OIL LEAK Empty
PostSubject: Re: OIL LEAK   OIL LEAK Empty7/15/2011, 12:34 pm

Good job frog. I thought you were a man of many questions, but now you're a contributor as well. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
frog13

OIL LEAK Empty
PostSubject: Re: OIL LEAK   OIL LEAK Empty7/16/2011, 12:24 pm

Thanks Rodney....this seems to be an issue with this forum.Yes ,I have alot of questions...first time TW owner. It seems to me that folks don't take the time to answer another TW brethern!. I'm well aware that most DS riders think of the TW as a childs bike because it is only 200cc's. 200cc's offroad is morethan enough engine...on the road,I understand why folks complain about the out-put....but, think of what this mere 200cc bike does deliver!. If your not macho hung-up on liter bikes ,then you WILL see this machines value to the DS world!.It will cruise comfortably at 50mph all day long from what I've read(still break-in mine in). My understanding is: The TW is to Yamaha as the xr650L is to Honda....that speaks volumes. Someone will chime in and say..."ah ha!...you nailed it,except...if the TW was only a 400 or 650cc bike...exactly my counter point!. The more you go up in cc's,the more they will increase the seat height etc....exactly why I got away from the 650L...hard to handle off road if it got wiggly on you..i'm 45 yoa,not 21 anymore(thank god!!!).
Back to top Go down
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

OIL LEAK Empty
PostSubject: Re: OIL LEAK   OIL LEAK Empty7/16/2011, 4:24 pm

Frog, this is why I tried to call attention to this forum. A few people stop by here but their questions can remain unanswered for awhile (two years). A few of us try to monitor this venue and help folks out. Some it seems fall between the cracks. Thanks for helping. Gerry
Back to top Go down
http://mrgizmow@aol.com
frog13

OIL LEAK Empty
PostSubject: Re: OIL LEAK   OIL LEAK Empty7/18/2011, 5:04 pm

I try Mr. Gizmo,I try. That" s what I do not understand about these TW forums.From what I read/hear, these are a popular(if your smart) and a dying breed of machine. EFI is good and EFI is bad.Lets not start a b-tch fest here!....think and you'll see what I'm talking about. TT and ADVRIDER exploded daily with chatter,info,comraderee(spelling) and the like!...I like these TW forums ,but man-o-man,some day's I just want to screem.
Back to top Go down
frog13

OIL LEAK Empty
PostSubject: Re: OIL LEAK   OIL LEAK Empty4/1/2012, 12:43 pm

SCREEM!.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OIL LEAK Empty
PostSubject: Re: OIL LEAK   OIL LEAK Empty

Back to top Go down

OIL LEAK
Page 1 of 1