TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

French Creek-Father's Day Weekend

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
R80rt
R80rt

French Creek-Father's Day Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: French Creek-Father's Day Weekend   French Creek-Father's Day Weekend Empty9/19/2014, 12:28 pm

Be sure to post a few pictures and a ride report, I'm still envious of your riding area..........except for the snow.
Back to top Go down
Admiral
Admiral

PostSubject: Re: French Creek-Father's Day Weekend   French Creek-Father's Day Weekend Empty9/19/2014, 11:37 am

rmcglad55,

Dang, should have checked in here earlier (and more often). Found out earlier this week I could get a ride in. Wanted to ride in the mountains before snow hits, just couldn't think of a destination. Settled on returning and finishing my 3 Fingers Gulch ride, which is ok cause I'm gonna met a new rider in the other forum. However, this ride (3 Finger Gulch part II), could have waited cause it's more of a desert ride and can do it later in the season.

Completely forgot about returning to French Creek. I wanted to return and ride the 2 track along the top of the ridge which was still snowed in. This would have been an excellent ride. Don't want to change up my riding destination just in case someone who hasn't responded shows up. Probably finish this ride next year.

It was a pretty darn good fathers day. I'm love sharing my "outdoor" experiences with my family, and the fact they love the outdoors too.

Take Care,
Kris
Back to top Go down
rmcglad55

rmcglad55

PostSubject: Re: French Creek-Father's Day Weekend   French Creek-Father's Day Weekend Empty8/27/2014, 3:53 pm

Beautiful!!!

I'm glad that you had such a great Father's Day.  cheers

Rusty
Back to top Go down
Tirebiter

PostSubject: Re: French Creek-Father's Day Weekend   French Creek-Father's Day Weekend Empty6/19/2014, 8:33 pm

What a beautiful place for a family ride.  Thanks for the pics!
Back to top Go down
goldenhtr
Admin
goldenhtr

PostSubject: Re: French Creek-Father's Day Weekend   French Creek-Father's Day Weekend Empty6/18/2014, 6:43 pm

It's great riding with family. Glad you guys had a good time.
Thanks for posting

Tracy
Back to top Go down
R80rt
R80rt

PostSubject: Re: French Creek-Father's Day Weekend   French Creek-Father's Day Weekend Empty6/17/2014, 7:39 am

Man you ride in some beautiful country!, thanks for that ride report.
Back to top Go down
Admiral
Admiral

PostSubject: French Creek-Father's Day Weekend   French Creek-Father's Day Weekend Empty6/17/2014, 7:24 am

In reality, it was just another weekend camp and ride near Cascade, Idaho. However, being fathers day weekend, we had some tag along family members big . One of my son's, my three daughter's, and one of my grandson's accompanied my wife and I.

We only rode on Saturday and don't let the sun fool you, it was really chilly, especially when we hit the high elevations. And to think, this past Thursday it hit 90 something degree's.
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1715

My wife all smiles before we hit the cold(er) temps higher up
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1716

View of Cascade Reservoir on our way up
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1717

Of course I gotta stop at some geocaches along the way. Here's 1 of three we stopped at on the day.
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1720

We parked here while looking for the cache. Son and wife. Wife all bundled up. Even wearing some of my gear to stay warm
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1723

Most of the day was overcast. Luckily, it didn't rain...or snow!
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1724

On the main road up we started seeing some left winter stuff. We started to wonder if we were gonna make it to the top of the ridge.
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1728

But we made it. This place is called 4 corners. Looked like the old 4 Corner sign I had seen on google earth had been cut down
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1730

Surprised some snow from the drifts we had to ride through was still on the TW when we got to 4 Corners
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1732

We attempted to ride south on the ridge on an old sheep trail called the Van Wyck Sheep Trail. We dodged some snow, but got
stopped for good about a 1/2 mile from 4 Corners. We could have ridden around it, but didn't want to tear up the ground, so we just turned around.
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1739

We really were chilly at this point (me and wife)
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1741

Back at 4 Corners there is a snowmobile warming hut. Pretty nice I must admit. We didn't start a fire to warm up, but we could have
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1733

We did spend a little time inside
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1735

After a little warm up, back on the road
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1742

Lots of Forest Service signs to help you navigate...if you have a map or know where these places are! big 
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1744

Late afternoon the sun finally came back out. I think my son is thanking the big guy for this. And my wife is smiling again.
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1745

Stop for the second geocache on the day
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1750

We found it!
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1749

We rode a big loop on the west side of the ridge on different forest service roads. Time to head back.
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1748

And we come to our last geocache on the day after we passed back through 4 Corners. A small micro log only cache
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1753

French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1754

We had great views of Cascade Reservoir from this cache
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1755

French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1760

Parked here for the cache, you can see one of the snow drifts we had to ride through both ways on the ride today
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1772

On a side trail we saw a sign that said bridge out. Sure enough, the bridge is out. We did see a go around just down stream, but
we decided to keep heading back to camp as it was getting late.
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1776

Oh, and a little pond near the washed out bridge
French Creek-Father's Day Weekend 100_1780

That's about it. Got back to camp, had supper and while the kids sat out by the fire, me and wife totally exhausted go to bed.
Hope you enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: French Creek-Father's Day Weekend   French Creek-Father's Day Weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

French Creek-Father's Day Weekend
Page 1 of 1