TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hodaka

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
COLT

Hodaka Empty
PostSubject: Hodaka   Hodaka Empty12/20/2008, 4:14 am

Hodaka Guy,
Did you used to ride Hodaka's? I was curious about the name when I saw it on the other forum a while back. I still have some of the ones that we raced back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Hodaka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodaka   Hodaka Empty12/20/2008, 4:19 am

COLT wrote:
Hodaka Guy,
Did you used to ride Hodaka's? I was curious about the name when I saw it on the other forum a while back. I still have some of the ones that we raced back in the day.

Yeah I used to ride and collect them, at one time I had 17 Hodaka's in my garage :D I wish I had them back now. I have a couple Ace 100's still that need to be restored and a few parts. I've been thinking about collecting them again, they are great little bikes!

Post up some pics of your Hodies

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
COLT

Hodaka Empty
PostSubject: Super Rats   Hodaka Empty12/20/2008, 4:49 am

We had Super Rats that we raced and we used dirt squirts and wombats for trail bikes, those were the good old days, gas then was .45 cents a gallon.
Back to top Go down
Peruano

Hodaka Empty
PostSubject: Thanks to Google   Hodaka Empty12/23/2008, 4:39 pm

You guys managed to flush out someone who is not a dirt biker. I had to go to Google to find out what a Hodaka was. Now I know and I feel much better. Cheers, and thanks for contributing the effort to get this outlet started. Tom
Back to top Go down
COLT

Hodaka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodaka   Hodaka Empty12/23/2008, 7:34 pm

Tom,
I'm glad you checked out the Hodaka, they were a very interesting study, I found that the handling was far superior for their time period because of the power to weight ratio and the geometry of the suspension. Today they may seem unusual but with the right rider they were awesome and I wish they had stayed in production! The only draw back I really had was the shifter used a fork on a shaft that went through the counter shaft and the end was always a pain if you raced in sand a lot. I only kept a couple but I wish I had kept them all. I think the majority of the east coast ones are gone, we didn't have a very strong dealer support system here where I live.
Back to top Go down
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

Hodaka Empty
PostSubject: Hodaka   Hodaka Empty12/25/2008, 7:57 am

I remember seeing my first Ace 90 back in 1965 (?). Boy I wanted one of those sooooo bad. A few years later, I road with a couple of guys that had 100's that were bored out, reed valves, bigger carb I think and then they extended the swing arm. They seemed real happy and the bikes and the bikes were certainly faster than my 125 Sachs, but then I was always missing the shift into 2ed. Gerry
Back to top Go down
http://mrgizmow@aol.com
COLT

Hodaka Empty
PostSubject: SACHS   Hodaka Empty12/25/2008, 7:03 pm

Hey Gerry,
My first bike was a Sachs, I rode the wheels off of it and I wish I had it back now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hodaka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodaka   Hodaka Empty

Back to top Go down

Hodaka
Page 1 of 1